Introducing…the best cookie in the world!😍 Ok, maybe that’s a little bit of a stretch—how about, the most amazing cookie I’ve ever eaten!? Seriously guys, these will not disappoint; they’re a fusion between brownies and cookies—how could things get better?😁
Enough of my ranting; today our star of a recipe is by Bernadine from https://madebybernadine.com/. I tried and tried to find the link to her recipe again, but I can’t find it ANYWHERE! I should have copied and pasted it somewhere…won’t make that mistake again. Anyways, here’s her recipe:
- 1-1/2 cups (160+80g) semisweet chocolate chips (divided)
- 1/4 cup (60g) butter
- 2/3 cup (80g) all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp coffee powder
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup (135g) brown sugar, packed
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C).
- Put the butter and 1 cup (160g) of the chocolate chips on a heat proof bowl and microwave in 20 second intervals stirring between each until melted and smooth.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, brown sugar and coffee powder on high speed until light, fluffy, and pale in color. Beat in the melted chocolate on low speed.
- Fold in the four mixture until combined.
- Add the other 1/2 cup (80g) of chocolate chips and fold in as well.
- Chill the dough for 30 minutes, or until firm.
- On a lightly oiled baking sheet (or using a silicone mat), drop heaping tablespoons of dough 2-3 inches apart as these cookies will spread. Sprinkle the tops of the cookies with a bit of salt.
- Bake until the cookies are crackly and soft, about 9-12 minutes.
- Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for 10 minutes before plating and serving.
The recipe did not include a yield, but just as a reference, I was able to make 18 cookies out of it (besides the 2 I ate as dough…just kidding!😜).
I didn’t have coffee powder, so I opted to use regular coffee instead and it worked fine! Also, I just used parchment paper for the baking sheets.
Good luck limiting yourself to 1 of these little guys…
Happy baking, and thank you Bernadine!🥳