If you love granola, you know what it’s like to shop for it. You can get one tiny little bag of the good stuff for way too much money.😢 But no more! You can make your own granola—your own way!😄
Today’s special recipe was from allrecipes.com, but I can’t find the link! I don’t know if they took it down, or what happened, but if you’re the creator and you’re reading this—thank you so much!
- 2 c. oats
- 1/2 c. wheat germ
- 2 TBSP brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 c. maple syrup
- 3 TBSP vegetable oil
- 1 TBSP water
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 275 F. Mix the first five ingredients together very well in a large mixing bowl.
- Mix the remaining ingredients together in a saucepan and bring to a simmer on the stove.
- Once it starts simmering, take it off the heat, pour it on top of the dry ingredients, and mix well.
- Pour the whole mixture onto a parchment lined baking sheet and squeeze it with your fingers to make little clumps.
- Bake for 30 min., flip it over, add any dried fruit you want, and bake for another 15 min.
One of the best things about this recipe is how customizable it is. You can substitute coconut oil for the vegetable oil, add different kinds of fruit, use honey instead of maple syrup, add a little quinoa—you name it!😋 You’re probably going to have to make a double batch…😉
Plus, this recipe is so easy to make!
My favorite way to enjoy it is on top of yogurt.🙂 And if we have dehydrated apples on hand, I’ll throw them in the mix every time!
What’s your favorite way to eat granola?
Have a happy healthy breakfast!🍏🍓🥥
Want to learn how to make your own dehydrated apples? Click here!